Friday, June 6

Day 157: Applesauce Cake

I know what most of you might be thinking. Why didn't he celebrate National Doughnut Day? That seems to be the only food holiday anyone ever knows about. We all get our office e-mails reminding us of that fact. My reason is simple. Doughnut day is on the first Friday of June and I'm doing food holidays on specific dates. It's holidays like those that mess with me. I never remember if Thanksgiving is on the 3rd Thursday or the 2nd to last Thursday of November. If you feel bad that I missed out on doughnuts, just wait for Sunday.


This particular day is for applesauce cake. I'm not certain about it. It smells fine in the oven. It's yet another recipe from allrecipes.com. It's also another treat where we have all but the namesake ingredients to complete the deal (truthfully I skipped the nuts in this, but that decision was based on me not liking nuts in my desserts.)


Aaaaaand... it's pretty damn good. Not too fruity, moist, and not to crispy 'round the edges. I would definitely do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment