Tuesday, August 12

Day 224: Julienne Fries

I've done french fries, but now I needed julienne fries. What is the difference? Most resources describe them as  thinly cut strips. That seems like a french fry. To be safe I went with the thinnest of the thinly sliced known as the shoestring fry. On my way home, I stopped by the Migration Brewing Co. to get their loaded fries. On the menu it is described as "large bowl of shoestring fries with cheese, pork shoulder and BBQ sauce". Sounded good to me.


Well, when they say loaded they mean loaded. The entire bike ride home I felt like I had a medicine ball on my back. It will fill you up. The fries were great; not over cooked and just salty enough. As for the meal as a whole, It was good, but I kind wished the sauce would have been more on the sweeter side than the sour side. Although that is coming from me so take it with a grain of sugar. I would gladly eat it again as I'm sure I will. Something tells me that when Liz's find out I've been to a pub without her, she's going to want to stop there herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment