Saturday, August 23

Day 235: Sponge Cake

Liz had picked up some angel food cake for this, but that is its own special day. I didn't have the time to make it, nor did I want to have the time. I'm a little sick of complicated baking projects for the next few weeks. We picked up a "Un fantôme, Un couteau, Une nuit ..." from Pix Pastissrie. It has a number of things in it, one of which is sponge cake.





I ended up tipping the to-go box a little so it doesn't look as cool in my picture. That yellow bit is actually from the treat Liz got for herself.



It was more mousse than sponge cake really. It was all tasty. If you eat things like this as fast as I do it seems a little... all over the place. I mean it even has a plastic sword in it. Every bite has a different topping. It's kind of like when you drink a soda thinking it's Pespi and it ends up being root beer. You still like it, but it throws you off a bit. Now imagine every time you sipped, the flavor was different. This cake is like that, but the texture is really the thing that never stays the same. Still nice, but you're never expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment