Wednesday, September 3

Day 246: Welsh Rarebit

So it has come to this: Welsh Rarebit. Summer is truly over. The summer of food, that is. I fully realize that summer only ends after the autumnal equinox for some. For others it's the start of school. And still for others it's when the leaves begin to change. Yet for me, the transition from sweet delights to hearty gruel is a clear sign that the blissful merriment of summer has come to an end. An what a stark inflection point it is.


Liz found another recipe from allrecipes again. She also got all the ingredients I needed to make it. The beer used has chickens on the label, as far as I know. I did a little "research" and found the name to be New Belgium Trippel. I'm not sure if Liz got a good beer or if it's a beer that has been around for a while and this was just the opportunity to make room for something better.  The dish was easy enough to make. I wasn't sure how I'd take it.


You'd think with that much cheese in there it would taste less like beer and mustard. I feel a little sad for the cheese. It could have made some lovely nachos. If you like the taste of beer you'd probably enjoy this. I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment