Wednesday, September 17

Day 260: Apple Dumpling

I always hate recipes like this. I look at a jumble of words and have to check back in the middle of stirring, but I never know exactly where I left off. Occasionally they tell you to mix something in, but only part of it. I wish they looked more like origami instructions. Something like this:


I could follow this, no problem. If I needed to get back to the recipe, I know exactly where to look. If only I enjoyed cooking, I might try making a cook book like this.


I'm not sure I've ever had apple dumplings before. I'd rather waste my time turning the apples into a crisp. Mmmmm apple crisp!


Anyway, this was pretty good. It's a little like an apple pie deconstructed. The raisins were a nice touch. If I were ever to try this again I would get smaller apples or at least shave them down more. I'd also wear an apron. That syrup got everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment