Thursday, May 8

Day 128: Coconut Cream Pie

I could have easily gone to Safeway or Albertson's for this, but I really wanted to find a place to just get a slice. My dream is to find a place that serves slices of pie, burgers, and shakes late at night. Basically, I want a 1950's roadside diner. I found Lauretta Jean's. I went to the downtown location during lunch. Unfortunately, it's a very small location and they didn't have any coconut cream pie. I didn't realize until I got back to work that the have a main location on Division. I resolved to go there after work.


It's actually a cute place and I wish I would have known about this place sooner. I've been past the place a number of times, but the trees cover up the sign. DAMN YOU TREEEES! Next time Liz and I want a place for coffee, pie, and a good game, I've got a place.


Now, I'm not a fan of pretty much anything coconut as I'm sure I've stated on this blog before. I was not, then, looking forward to this. But surprise surprise, it was pretty nice. A mellow taste and great flaky crust.  The coconut shavings were only a mild annoyance and easily compensated by the flavor or masked in the crust. Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment