Wednesday, May 21

Day 141: Strawberries And Cream

Finally, finally, a day where the fruit in question is ACTUALLY IN SEASON. But just barely. Here in Oregon, we wait all year for the crop of strawberries to ripen. They are simply the best strawberries ever. So this was the first day that I was able to purchase organic Oregon strawberries for our strawberries and cream. I had thought the dish was simply strawberries with whipped cream, but the recipes I found promised something much better.


ThePioneerWoman.com is quickly becoming my go-to for recipes. This recipe has you mix heavy cream with plain yogurt and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Then you refrigerate the mixture for a couple of hours, and the whole thing becomes a silky smooth, sugary (but not too) concoction of delight. Add the first crop of Oregon strawberries and you have perfection.


Alex was pleased, and so was I. Often I find that the desserts we have are waaaayyyy too sugary for me. This was perfectly balanced. A real treat. Everyone who still eats dairy and sugar should try this out. Screw the elimination diet. This is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment