Friday, April 11

Day 101: Cheese Fondue

When I first think of this dish, I'm reminded of one of the family trips we took and my dad changed the words of "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" by Heart to "All I Wanna Do Is Make Cheese Fondue". And to imagine it took me this long to ever have cheese fondue. We went to the same place we went for chocolate fondue, The Pied Cow Coffehouse.


The fondue comes with bread, broccoli, carrot, and apple. That is also my order of preference. Liz helped me out very little with this one. She got a bean and rice plate for herself. Even without her help I was able to clean up quite nice. We also had room to split a banana split. One thing that did catch our eyes was the "50 Dollar Sundae". I'll have to get a group together for that.

Do I have something in my teeth?
The most entertaining part of the night was our waitress. She had an slight accent we couldn't pin and was all dolled up like she walked out of the 1930's. We started to imagine this night being reenacted on Unsolved Mysteries. We'd come back to find only an old burned down building and a nearby elderly man would tell us, "That place burned down eighty years ago. There was pretty little waitress that got caught inside too. Poor thing. She was supposed to be married the next day."

No comments:

Post a Comment