Sunday, April 27

Day 117: Prime Rib

The day was a struggle. I tried to pick up some meat at both New Seasons and Fred Meyer, but they don't really carry it unless it's around Christmas. Why are all these foods for Christmas? Maybe I want egg nog in July!
 
 
One of the few options I had was to go to an Elmer's. So I went to the Tigard location at 4 pm, when they start serving dinner, and got my 9 oz rancher's prime rib with fries and salad. I am now a senior citizen showing up for the early bird. Where did I put my Depends?
 
 
The thing about prime rib is that is one of the fattier cuts of meat. As I pointed out in the glazed ham post, I'm not big on the fat. I did my best to cut around the fat, but I was a fan. It was pretty salty. I also shouldn't have started by dipping it in the horseradish sauce. The service and fries were good, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment