Sunday, February 16

Day 47: Almonds

Well... Almonds are quite mundane. We can't make them, or pick them, or anything cool like that. So we went to the mall, where there is a strange kiosk called Nuts On The Run. The second we walked up, the clerk was at the ready with bamboo tongs full of almonds to try. As soon as we tried one, he quickly offered another. We tried Coconut, Bacon Garlic, Rosemary, Cajun Spicy, Cinnamon and probably a few more. I mean, we ran the entire gamut of his almonds, which he had warming in a pan, oddly enough. I suppose it might make them taste better and compel you to buy them.
We were probably the easiest customers ever, quickly settling on a bag of coconut almonds and swiftly leaving as our new friend wished us "Happy Holidays."


The almonds are good, I guess. Perhaps a little too sweet for my taste. I would have preferred the Rosemary, but this is Alex's thing. So we got coconut. And they're pretty yummy.


Nuts On The Run is based in Eugene and definitely is worth a try. If you are for some reason forced to go to the mall, just get some almonds. And some jeans, like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment