Tuesday, January 14

Day 14: Hot Pastrami Sandwich

We got our Hot Pastrami Sandwiches at East Side Delicatessen on Hawthorne. I've gotta say, I have never tried a pastrami sandwich because I was afraid I wouldn't like it. Who wouldn't like this?


Smoky pastrami mingled with pepperoncinis, sauerkraut, onions, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing and juuust a touch of horseradish, nestled between 2 slices of Dave's rye bread is a splendid combination. There was a hint of sweetness to the meat, and the burn of the horseradish was a perfect complement to that.
Look inside!


Alex loves a hot pastrami, so he was in heaven. After he ate his sandwich, he finished my remaining quarter. As we drove to bowling, Alex waxed poetic on the perfect ratio of the horseradish to the rest of the sandwich. "It was just enough so that you couldn't taste the horseradish. Because horseradish tastes terrible." Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment