Wednesday, January 15

Day 15: Strawberry Ice Cream

Considering that we still have the majority of vanilla ice cream left over from Peach Melba day, we decided to go out for our strawberry ice cream- ya know, to prevent binges and such. My boss suggested 3 local places: Cool Moon (no strawberry ice cream today), Cloud City (no answer when I called) and Salt and Straw. Now, if you know anything about me, you know I HATE waiting in lines. Which is why I avoided Salt and Straw up until now. Every time I drove/walked by the NW Portland location, all I could see was a line around the block. Boo! Thankfully, there is a cute little location near us on SE Division. We beat the rush, had many samples, and then settled on 2 scoops of Honey Balsamic Strawberry with Cracked Pepper on a freshly made waffle cone.


Alex was a wee bit leery of the unorthodox flavor combination, but he dug in like a trouper.


The ice cream was so fruity delicious that it almost tasted like a sorbet. The cracked pepper did amazingly well at bringing out the flavor of the strawberries. And the honey made it all so deliciously sweet. Okay, Salt and Straw, you lived up to your rep. But I'll still avoid you when there's a line, just on general principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment