Thursday, January 23

Day 23: Rhubarb Pie

I was looking forward to this day for awhile. I love rhubarb pie! Or a rhubarb crisp. MMmmmm MMmmm! The only thing is, it's hard to find a good rhubarb pie without it being tainted by that bloody criminal the strawberry. He just needs to try and steal the show. I know that it's thrown in there to cut some of the tartness, but dammit that is what I came here for. Of course after talking to some friends and co-workers I've come to find that the initial reaction most people have to rhubarb pie is "uggugh!"  I was unaware of this widespread disgust. Normally I'd say the more for me, but I guess in this way it technically means the less for me since no one wants to make it.
So where did I get my pie, you might ask. I have my sources. Well, a source. A regular at karaoke nights saw my posts and suggested he could make me a pie. From what he's told me, this isn't his first pie give-away. Well, thank you, Ben (i.e. not brother). Thank you very much. It was De-lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment