Sunday, March 2

Day 61: Banana Cream Pie

I thought about making a banana cream pie, but the thought of a store bought pie crust, Jello pudding and under ripe bananas deterred me. And boy, am I happy to be deterred. We got a pie from Random Order Coffehouse, which is in the Alberta district. It sure was a pretty pie.


Admittedly, the pie was expensive ($30 plus a $5 dish deposit). But for the flaky crust, the smooth banana laden custard and the delicate whipped cream topped with cinnamon, it was well worth it. The guy at the shop painstakingly recorded my information and informed me that we have two weeks to bring the dish back. I asked him if we would get in trouble if we didn't. The answer was no. I think we just got ourselves a $5 pie dish.


Alex called the pie 'lovely'. I agree. It is, and will forever be, one of my most favorite desserts. Time for another slice?

No comments:

Post a Comment