Thursday, March 6

Day 65: White Chocolate Cheesecake

Well apparently white chocolate cheesecake isn't one of those things you can find in your local grocers cheesecake sample platters. Which left me with little on choices. The first and one of the only places in Portland I could find online that had the item on their menu was Piece of Cake Bakery. The menu also lists it as having been voted as the "Best Cheesecake of the Year!" Now by who I'm not so sure, but I tend to trust claims of bestness from any place that gives me food. I gave them a call yesterday after work to see if they could accommodate my impending need.  I spoke with one of their employees and they told me they didn't have any on hand, but that she'd contact the baker to see what they could do and they'd get back to me. I had my fingers crossed because I didn't really want to swap this day out for National Frozen Food Day.


They called back about an hour later and they gave me an option. They would take one of their cheesecakes and add a layer of white chocolate to the top. I asked if it still counted as white chocolate cheesecake and they quizzically said yes. I accepted their offer, thought in forethought, I'm regretting my decision to not get something written on top. "Eat Me".


After eating the custard pie, I now realize white chocolate's true purpose in life: to cater to the whim of every cheesecake in town. I have never had a cheesecake so lovely.  It was so soft and fluffy and the white chocolate made the flavor richer and creamier. I am slightly hesitant about bringing this to the Clubhouse to share. Maybe if I eat it all before I go I can't be blamed. Yeah, that's the ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment