Saturday, March 8

Day 67: Peanut Cluster

I thought about maybe just getting Goobers again, letting them melt, and throwing them in the fridge. It would have been a lot easier to make, though a little more messy to eat.
I found a recipe for these things at Taste of Home. The first thing on the recipe seemed foreign to me: 2 lbs of white candy coating. Was I suppose to peal M&M's? I called around to see where I could get this item, which is based off of almond bark. I called about 4 grocery stores and none of them stocked it until the holidays. An online search lead me to Walmart. And so to Walmart I went and was successful.


Making this stuff was time consuming, but not to bad. I'm glad Liz had clean out the fridge earlier in the week since I needed the space to let them cool. I also had a little chocolate left over so I poured it into a small container to make a candy bar.


They taste pretty good. Easily better than the Goobers. And sooo much better after they've been frozen. Even though I like them a lot, I probably wouldn't make them again. Not because of the time or work involved. There are just better things to make. I'd probably make a go at my mom's peanut butter chocolate wheat thin cookies. MMmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment